Today we are joined by Jeremy Herider. Jeremy is a three-sport professional athlete, productivity coach to several Fortune 500 companies, and life coach (among many other titles). He’s also the pioneer of Optimal Self Inc. and spends every day following the very habits he promotes through this program. Jeremy has helped 1,000’s of people become the best versions of themselves through Optimal Self, and he’s done so with the belief that every high-performing individual follows those same basic habits to support their success. Stay tuned as we listen to Jeremy’s inspirational story on how one’s hard work and determination can lead to success not only to your self but also how it can impact others for the better.
[00:00 - 14:40] Jeremy Herider's Journey from Athlete to Inspiration
- Jeremy Herider was athletic and successful at a young age, but he struggled with not being good enough.
- As a 13-year-old Jeremy plays baseball, and his team won the championship
- Jeremy didn’t make the all-star team, the coach told him he wasn’t good enough and how that moment changed his life.
- He learned that if he wants to achieve something, he has to work hard for it every day.
- At the age of 18, he became an All-League Player and made it to an All-Valley All-Star Team, winning his MVP during his Senior Year and was offered a scholarship to play College Baseball
- Today he looks back and understood what the coach meant was the truth when he said he wasn’t good enough.
- He advises everyone to “go and earn your stripes”
[14:41 - 30:10] You Are Not Always at Your Best.
- Jeremy Asks the listeners if you are not always at your best, ask yourself what would the best version of yourself do?
- Started real estate in 2001 and got his real estate license in 2004
- Jeremy emphasizes the importance of balance in life and being accountable.
- Jeremy is now in love with the “process”
- He added that if you have Big Goals, none of it will work if you don’t go through the process.
- Jeremy doesn’t want people to go through his failure but rather to learn from his failures.
[28:48 - 36:32] It's Okay to Make Crazy Money
- It's okay to strive for financial independence and to make a lot of money.
- The only way to achieve this is by knowing what that can do - it can be generational wealth or something for your family or others.
- Reaching for greatness changes things, and the days when it's just for you are the toughest.
- Giving your time inspires others to do the same, and it raises your level of gain.
- This creates an upward spiral of good that affects everyone.
[36:33 - 42:18] How Giving Can Change Your Life
- Giving time is the most valuable thing someone can give
- Don't wait for motivation or inspiration, take action and start with small acts of kindness
[42:19 - 50:42] You Need to Be Aware of What You See in People
- Jeremy shares his experience with a taxi driver when he and his girlfriend traveled to Cancun Mexico in June of 2020
- Giving the taxi driver an extra tip made an impact on the driver that impacts Jeremy as well.
- Jeremy suggested, “You gotta be aware of what you see in the people.” paying attention to people’s actions and giving a little can change their lives.
[50:43 - 51:38] Closing Segment
- Reach out to Jeremy
- See links below
- Final words
Miyamoto Musashi - The Book of Five Rings
"Most people don't understand that excellence in anything will increase your potential in everything."
- Jeremy Herider
“We got to be aware of what's happening around you. You got to be aware of what you see, in people.”
- Jeremy Herider
Connect with Jeremy Herider through Facebook, Instagram, Youtube
Or visit www.OptimalSelf.Today
Join Us: Facebook Group
For more information, you may visit: https://thereinvestors.ca
Advertising Inquiries: https://redcircle.com/brands