Welcome Back To Go Big to Give Big Podcasts with Randy Molland and Steve Arneson Today we are joined by Larry Tucker as he shares his story and discusses the International Network of Hearts (INH).
Founded in 2010, INH is a 501 c-3 nonprofit organization based in San Diego, CA that grew out of concerns about human trafficking circuits operating between the U.S.-Mexico border, the busiest international land crossing in the world they are also operating in Mexico as Red Binacional de Corazones (RBC).
Their membership consists of moms and dads, students, professionals, governmental and non-governmental organizations, law enforcement, and academic institutions who collectively form an international network of hearts committed to bringing hope, safety, and empowerment to survivors of human trafficking and sexual violence.
bringing communities and governments together to help rescue women and children from human trafficking and sexual violence. Our leadership includes a dynamic team with more than 15 years of experience managing human trafficking cases in the U.S. and in Mexico.
[00:00 - 07:13]Opening Segment
- International Network of Hearts is a nonprofit organization that helps bring hope, safety, and empowerment to children who have been rescued from sexual slavery.
- Larry Tucker's mother is one of the few people trained to handle these delicate scenarios.
- International Network of Hearts was founded in 2010 and has since opened homes for victims of human trafficking in Mexico.
- The organization also helps support children after they turn 18 and graduate from high school.
[07:13 - 13:37] Human Trafficking: There's Still a Need for More Support
- There is a need for more support and awareness of human trafficking, which is why INH has been working to raise awareness and provide services to victims for over 10 years.
- Since human trafficking is still a taboo subject, it can be difficult to gain support from the government. However, with the help of grants and donations from individuals and organizations, it has impacted over 100 victims.
- The nonprofit's marketing strategy focuses on sharing stories of the victims and their positive impacts on their lives.
[13:38 - 19:47] How a nonprofit is relying on individual donors and businesses to help keep them afloat
- The majority of support for Thrive has come from individual donors, with businesses and events playing a smaller role.
- Fundraising efforts have focused on events like 5K races and galas that are more accessible to the public.
- The organization has built trust and credibility by being open and sharing its work with the community.
[19:47 - 32:09] So grateful for the support of people who have come alongside to help and spread awareness
- INH has been fundraising to buy land in Mexico and secure financing to build a permanent home there.
- Charity Navigator is a website that INH has been working on getting more exposure and It allows donors to see how their donation is being used.
- INH runs a program called Passion for Passion, where people can donate their time or money to provide services for the kids.
- Entrepreneurs can create a giving culture in their businesses by integrating philanthropy into their sales or marketing strategies.
[32:10 - 38:40] Transforming Lives with Giving
- Transformation is happening quicker than it used to be because of the culture in the orphanage
- Younger girls are coming to the orphanage to try and connect with older girls and get advice on how to overcome their struggles
- The love in the room is palpable and gives the younger girls hope that they can overcome anything"
[38:41 - 03:38] Closing Segment
- Reach out to Larry Tucker
- See links below
- Final words
“ I think there's a lot of really cool creative ways to be able to integrate a giving aspect into your business. Whether it's doing like a one-for-one model where people are purchasing something and then you're donating that item to somebody in need or whatever, your company is choosing to support.”
- Larry Tucker
Connect with Larry Tucker by following International Networks of Hearts on Facebook and Instagram
You may also visit and donate through their website at www.inhearts.org
CONNECT WITH US!
Join our Facebook Group
LIKE, SHARE, AND SUBSCRIBED! Listen to the Go Big To Give Big Podcast
on different platforms.
For more information you may visit:
Advertising Inquiries: https://redcircle.com/brands