Welcome Back to Go Big to Give Big Podcasts with Randy Molland and Steve Arneson. Today we are joined by Rick Jordan! Rick Jordan takes cybersecurity to a new level with his transformative approach to IT security. Using a combination of CIA training, criminal psychology, and his technology and business experience, Rick Jordan and ReachOut Technology have saved businesses over 400 million dollars in the last ten years.
Rick Jordan is a magnetic entrepreneur and thought leader who personalizes appearances for each unique audience and client’s goals. His energetic, entertaining, and motivating style draws you into his business and life experiences. Book Rick for your event, and your audience will leave their appearances feeling educated, challenged, and inspired to pursue their professional ambitions and personal passions.
[00:00 - 07:07] The Lessons Given by the Adversities of Life
• Rick Jordan is a recognized voice in cybersecurity, business ethics, and entrepreneurship. He is the founder and CEO of ReachOut Technology.
• Rick's journey began with the death of her father when she was 16. Her mother took on the responsibility of raising her and her two siblings.
• Jordan's father taught his children to give back. He gave Rick a lesson in generosity and prioritize giving time over material possessions.
[07:07 - 14:07] The All-In Mentality
• Despite the scarcity in the Jordan household, his father always procured to provide for his family. This gave a profound lesson to Rick, that influenced his visions in entrepreneurship.
• Rick shares with us his view on the “All In” mentality, and why is important not to glorify the hustle.
• Even if you can’t give your 100% but your 40%, that still is an All-In mentality. Give what you can, every day of your life.
[14:07 - 20:56] Nobody Knows Like the Day or the Hour When You're Done
• Rick tells us what lessons he used from his traumatic past to accomplish his goals in life, and why is trying to achieve as much as he can before he passes away.
• The important thing is to learn how to carry any kind of trauma and don’t allow emotions to reign in your life and prevent achieving your goals.
[20:56 - 27:39] The Character Pieces Entrepreneurs Need Most
• Rick shares his tips on building a personal brand and why writing a book is an important part of it.
• Rick explains why entrepreneurship is about building something bigger than oneself.
• An entrepreneur is someone who wants to actually impact the world, allowing people to benefit from what he or she is building.
• Rick explains his take on the Law of Attraction and why he considers it a “Law of Recognition”
[27:39 - 34:29] A Simple Act of Kindness Can Have a Huge Impact
• Rick tells the story of how helping a woman with a simple act had a huge impact on her and him.
• He talks about how businesses should be structured in order to be able to give more, and how it's important to take care of your own before considering helping others.
• He also talks about how it's important to have a heart for giving, and that in order to do so you have to start by taking care of yourself.
[34:29 - 40:58] Giving Big, Inspiring Others.
• Rick tells us about his "CEO Talks" podcast, created to inspire and motivate people around the world.
• Why Rick considers it important to create relationships with the people that he works with.
• He also talks about “Tactical Vulnerability” and how it’s a strategy to show strength and direction.
[40:59 - 43:16] Quick Questions
• Brag about one charity you like: St. Jude.
• Who inspires you with their giving: John Legere, ex-CEO of T-Mobile
• Entrepreneurs should give from the start or when they have money to do so: Try to give a percentage back to others from the start.
• What is the first thing that you think of when you hear Go Big to Give Big: The thing that we should all do in life.
• In one word, describe the feeling you get when you give: Fulfillment.
• Do you believe that money can buy you happiness: Money can put you on the path toward fulfillment
[43:16 - 44:23] Closing Segment
· Reach out to Rick Jordan
o See the links below
· Final words
“You need to always press forward towards your own purpose, and usually money comes with that so that you can accomplish those things.” - Rick Jordan
“You're faithful with little, so then you become trusted with much.” - Rick Jordan
CONNECT WITH US!
Join our Facebook Group
LIKE, SHARE, AND SUBSCRIBED! Listen to the Go Big To Give Big Podcast
on different platforms.
For more information you may visit: