Welcome to the Go Big to Give Big Podcast with Randy Molland and Steve Arneson! In this episode of our podcast, we are talking with the productivity teacher Mike Szczesniak! Mike is the founder of the brand called The Results Engine, and also one of the top-rated entrepreneurial podcasts called the Results Engine Podcast. And they specialize in coaching people on how to be the most productive they can, but in the most efficient ways. Essentially, he is an expert on teaching people that is not the number of hours that you work but what you do in those hours that matters.
In this episode, we get Mike to share a little bit about why it is important to do audits of your time, how you can become more productive, and also why we need to commit to the action and not the results. We also hear that Mike added a giving component to his business and the impact that it has had on him and the people around him. Mike shares his story of going from feeling overwhelmed and stuck in the corporate world to taking back control of his life and developing a healthier approach to productivity. Mike explains how he challenged his fear of failure and guilt, set goals based on what was important to him and learned to trust himself and took personal accountability for his success. He also talks about how he audits his results, sets boundaries between work and personal life and gives back through his business. This conversation is all about personal development, productivity, mindfulness, and meditation.
Listen in as Mike shares the inspiring story of how he overcame anxiety and mental health issues to become a successful entrepreneur, as well as the importance of giving back through your business.
[00:00 – 15:26] Overcoming Anxiety and Rewriting the Script on Toxic Hustle
· Mike was a software engineer in the corporate world for seven years before becoming a full-time entrepreneur.
· Mike initially avoided coaching, but his own mental health journey led him to explore the coaching space.
· Mike struggled with anxiety and panic attacks while working in the corporate world and experiencing the toxic hustle mindset.
· Mike realized that he had no idea what it meant to be productive and started geeking out about productivity.
[15:26 - 29:24] Unlocking the Right Math in Life and Business
· People often set goals based on what society tells them to want.
· Doing the wrong math is setting goals based on societal expectations.
· Doing the right math is being intentional and clear on leading and lagging indicators.
· Right math involves quantifying ROI.
· Take time to audit time spent on tasks to understand where time is being wasted
[29:24 - 35:30] Why Giving is Beneficial for Businesses
[35:30 - 39:59] Quick Questions
· Brag one about charity you like: Grounds and Hounds Coffee Company.
· What would get you more excited? Donating a $1 million check or spending a week physically helping others: Spending a week helping. Mike would just make it a mission to make that work worth way more than a million bucks just in helping.
· Who inspires you with their giving? Mike’s friends in the Thrive Community.
· Do you entrepreneurs should start including a giving component in their business from day one, or wait until they've seen some success and have some money in the bank? “Immediately”
· What is the first thing that you think of when you hear Go Big to Give Big: For Mike means viewing business as a form of service and focusing on helping more people. Adding a giving component can make the impact exponential, and business should be built around serving others and giving back to the community.
· In one word, describe the feeling you get when you give: Excited.
· Do you believe that money can buy you happiness: Mike believes that money can buy happiness if it is used to give back to something one is passionate about or to gift something truly life-changing to someone. He argues that money is more than just material possessions and can generate happiness when used to help others and create experiences.
[39:59 - 42:18] Closing Segment
· Reach out to Mike
o See links below
· Final words
"If you strive for balance in your business, you are basically mandating that you settle for mediocrity. True high performance is figuring out how to be all in wherever you are in harmony.” – Mike Szczesniak
Connect with Mike by visiting his website at https://www.resultsengine.com/ or by following him on Instagram and LinkedIn
CONNECT WITH US!
Join our Facebook Group
LIKE, SHARE, AND SUBSCRIBED! Listen to the Go Big To Give Big Podcast
on different platforms.
For more information you may visit: