Welcome to the "Go Big to Give Big" podcast with Randy Molland and Steve Arneson! In this episode, we are talking about the importance of giving with Pua Pakele. Pua is a digital designer based in Hawaii who specializes in working with entrepreneurs who have epic products and services to share with the world. She has been designing websites and online courses for small businesses and entrepreneurs since 2014. Pua holds a Master's in Business Administration and has gained an eclectic collection of professions, from local startups to multinational corporations. With a background in web and graphic design, branding, and small business coaching, Pua skillfully weaves these skills and experiences into the services offered at Pualena Digital Design, which she considers an honor and absolute joy to provide.
In this episode, Pua discusses the importance of creating a branding message that captures your mission and provides a strong trust to your audience. She talks about how to make a website stand out from the competition in a crowded digital marketing space. Pua explores topics like understanding who you are, how you serve, communicating that message clearly with an authentic and vulnerable voice, using visuals and colors to engage visitors, and adding more text on product or service pages for customers who are about to buy. Finally, learn about how implementing a giving model into business can provide meaningful purpose and connection with customers through an impactful experience shared by Pua.
Tune in for this inspiring conversation that highlights the power of giving. Even small acts of kindness can have a huge impact!
[00:00 – 15:20] Your Brand is Your Legacy
[15:20 - 30:37] The First Three Seconds: The Importance of Branding
· Using story branding within copy and images can create a captivating experience.
· The story brand framework can help create a hook and relate with the client.
· The first three seconds are crucial when it comes to creating a website.
· Pua shares with us The Story Brand Framework, a strategy that is used to create a hook that relates to the client and immediately gets them to buy into the hero's journey.
· The hero's journey is created by gradually unveiling more of the story as the visitor scrolls down the page.
· Pua talks about her podcast “Course Creators Academy” and why is her passion for sharing about course creation.
[30:37 - 41:43] The Ripple Effect: Social Impact of Businesses
· Adding social impact to a business can give it more purpose and meaning.
· Broadcasting a business's social impact can increase customer attachment to the business.
· The ripple effect of a business’ social impact can be significant, but it may take time to see it.
· Social impact can be an art rather than a science, and it may take time to get it right.
[41:40 - 47:33] Quick Questions
· Brag one about a charity you like: A local farm that rescues animals from slaughterhouses.
· What would get you more excited? Donating a $1 million check or spending a week physically helping others: “A week physically helping others, hands down.”
· Who inspires you with their giving? Steve Arneson and Randy Molland.
· Do you entrepreneurs should start including a giving component in their business from day one, or wait until they've seen some success and have some money in the bank: From day one. For Pua, it's a matter of changing your mindset rather than feeling like you have to hit a financial milestone to start giving.
· What is the first thing that you think of when you hear Go Big to Give Big: “I think of something very circular and cyclical. The bigger you go, the bigger you can give. It's a win-win. And why wouldn't you do it?”
· In one word, describe the feeling you get when you give: “Amazing. Just feels amazing!”
· Do you believe that money can buy you happiness: "Yes. When you give, it creates happiness within you and it creates relief and tears of joy for the people that you give to.”
[47:33 - 49:02] Closing Segment
· Reach out to Pua
o See the links below
· Final words
"Giving is an art, not a science. There's no right or wrong way to give”. – Pua Pakele
Connect with Pua by following her on Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn or by checking out her webpage (soon to be Rebel Media!) at https://www.pualena.com/
CONNECT WITH US!
Join our Facebook Group
LIKE, SHARE, AND SUBSCRIBE! Listen to the Go Big To Give Big Podcast
on different platforms.
For more information, you may visit: